January Home Maintenance E-minder
Happy New Year 2019! Many of you might have "Get more Organized" on your Resolutions for 2019. To accomplish some of your home organization objectives, make a list of small tasks so they won't be forgotten as well as the big-ticket projects so you can budget for them. Keep it on hand to remind yourself throughout the year and tackle when you can. A few other items to tend to as we start the year off are:
- Request your free annual credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Clean and vaccuum refrigerator coils.
- Check the washer hoses on your washing machine for leaks.
- Inspect water heater temperature pressure relief valve for signs of leaks or discharge.
- Check for any leaks under the sinks or dishwasher.
- Replace your furnace filter.
- Clean around air conditioner condenser, then cover to protect from the snow...
- Check toilets for leaks by adding a drop of food coloring to water tanks at bedtime. If the water in the bowl is colored in the morning, replace the flapper ball.
- Check fire extinguisher to make sure that it is fully charged.
- Mastering Organization: Post important emergency information including the location of the main gas valve, emergency furnace shutoff, and the contact information for neighbors, family, doctors.
That's it! Have a wonderful year ahead!